Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Off to Neptune

And with that brief return to the blog, I'm off again. This time the three of us are heading to Neptune for the week. Yes, you heard correctly. Let me explain... Along part of Romania's coast (between Mangalia and Costinesti) there are a string of resorts built for the communist party elite, which are (for some reason) called Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn and Venus. So, we're off to Neptune tonight on the night train. Sadly, there's no resort called Uranus for me to amuse myself making not-at-all tired puns out of. Shame, huh?

In a feat of last-minute planning that will appal my father, we actually booked our train tickets this morning (getting the last seats available until the 14th) and subsequently rang round the hotels to get a room. Now that's what I call doing things in advance.

See you in a week.

No comments: