For future journalistic reference, writers from Britain need to know the following (all these mistakes have appeared this week):
- Cluj is not west of Bucharest (or at least it is only so in the same way that Edinburgh is west of London).
- The name of the team is not CFR Cluj-Napoca. The official name of the city is Cluj-Napoca, but the team is CFR Cluj (or, if you want to go the whole hog CFR 1907 Cluj). Just as the team owned by Italy's slimeball extremist prime minister is AC Milan, not AC Milano.
- Steaua did not lose to Dinamo on the last day of last season to hand the title to CFR Cluj
- Count Dracula was not a real person
- Vlad "the impaler" Ţepeş did not do his impaling in Transylvania, as he spent almost no time here, being in charge in Wallachia, not Transylvania.
- Maurizio Trombetta is a genius (this is not correcting a mistake, just a statement of fact)
[Oh, and by the way, the best written piece on the whole "who are this CFR Cluj team?" question, came unsurprisingly from the best UK football source, When Saturday Comes. No, I didn't write it, in case you're wondering]