Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kellemes Ünnepeket

And so on. Was intending to sign off at the weekend but got flu, and had to stay in bed (by the way, I was recently told that the official medical/scientific way you can tell whether you've got flu or just a bad cold is to imagine looking out of your window and seeing a 20 pound note (or 100 Lei, or 20 Euro or whatever) lying on the path. If you would go outside and get it, you've got a cold. If not, it's flu. Anyway, I had flu (at least by this rigorous definition) and so there was no writing a long happy christmas message, there was just lying in bed feeling sorry for myself. Anyway I wish everyone who comes across this note well and the compliments of the season and a happy new year and all of that jazz.

In addition I would like to point out that although I am the same age as the new Romanian prime minister Emil Boc, I look younger than him. This is not because I look especially young but that he looks a lot older than his years. His name is an anagram of "embolic" by the way, which means "of or relating to an obstuction of a blood vessel". Mine, on the other hand, isn't. And on that cryptic note I bid you, my reader, adieu for 2008. Have a good one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust Father Christmas treated y'all reasonably well. Hope to reconnect in 2009 Q1.

Anonymous said...

What if it was a 500 lei note outside? :P

Get better soon!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Yep, we've lost our beloved mayor Mr Boc to Bucuresti. He used to live round the corner from us, in a flat. He's not as old-looking in the flesh, and he's quite dapper.

And a good 2009 to you too, Andy! Get well soon.